Lepcha Cultural Experience
Experience the rich cultural heritage of Sikkim’s indigenous people, the Lepchas and gaim deep insights into the rural way of life. Our one day Lepcha cultural experience includes:
- Optional nature and village walk through terraced paddy fields and a Lepcha village. A 40 min. walk, starts at Bamboo Retreat and ending at the road.
- All transfers as needed
- Traditional welcome ceremony conducted by the village’s shaman or the local monks and visit of the village monastery; with tea and snacks
- Cultural program with Lepcha dances, songs and instrumental contributions
- Traditional Lepcha lunch with millet beer
- Visit a traditional Lepcha house
- Visit the Ranka monastery
- Local guidance throughout
- Optionally we can also offer you a reduced ½ day alternative program
- Prior appointment is required
* Prices may vary depending on the season. Please consult our receptionist to confirm price and to book.